· By Italians Do it better
Gressin fatti in casa con crema di peperoni
For 4 people :
- 200g flour
- 120 g of lukewarm water
- 1 sachet of baker's yeast
- 80g olive oil
- Salt, pepper, herbs or fennel seeds
- 2 jars of Do It Better Italians Cream of Peppers
- In a large salad bowl, pour the flour, the salt, the elements with which you want to decorate your breadsticks, then the water and the oil, with a wooden spoon, mix until there is no more of liquid.
- Place everything on a work surface, and knead until it forms a smooth ball. The ball is a little greasy, that's normal. Cover the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough using a rolling pin until it is approximately 1 centimeter thick. Normally, there is no need to flour the work surface thanks to the olive oil in the dough; if your dough sticks, very lightly flour the work surface.
- Then cut strips 1 cm wide, and place these strips on the baking tray. You can twist the strips, and if you want to additionally decorate your breadsticks, moisten them slightly before sprinkling with sesame, spices, or fine herbs so that they hold well.
- Bake for 10 minutes, monitor cooking, and put back 2 minutes at a time until you obtain the desired degree of doneness.
- Serve with the pepper cream stirred beforehand in small containers.