· By Italians Do it better
Gnocchi di patate con salsa di pomodoro e basilico e mozzarella gratinata
For 4 people :
- Around 450/500 g of mashed potatoes (raw weight)
- Between 200 and 250 g of flour
- 2 jars Do It Better Italians Tomato Basil Sauce
- A dozen mozzarella balls
- Cook the potatoes with their skins on, in salted water, until they are tender with a knife, about 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool and peel the potatoes.
- Puree, either with a puree mill, or with a fork, and weigh the puree obtained (here 400g), add half of this weight in flour (here 200g), and mix until the dough holds together , but keeping lumps and irregularities. If the gnocchi dough is overkneaded and too smooth, the gnocchi will be rubbery. The less you knead, the lighter and softer they are.
- Form sausages, flouring if necessary, then cut the gnocchi, also flouring when they are cut so that they do not clump together.
- Preheat the oven on grill mode and heat a large pan of well-salted water and cook the gnocchi in three batches so as not to overload the pan.
- Prepare a side dish, greased generously with olive oil.
- When the gnocchi rise, transfer them directly to the oiled dish using a slotted spoon, stirring so that they do not stick.
- Pour as much tomato basil sauce as desired over the gnocchi, stir, and place the mozzarella balls cut in 2.
- Season with pepper, and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, monitoring carefully as you go, as the power of the grills varies depending on the oven.
- Serve hot, buon apetito!