· By Italians Do it better
Fusilli alla calabrese con ricotta e peperoni arrostiti
For 4 people :
- 500g of fusilli
- 2 jars Do It Better Italians Calabrese Sauce
- 1 pot of ricotta
- A few peppers roasted in olive oil from your Italian caterer
- Heat a large pan of salted water and cook the fusilli for the time indicated on the package (see 1 minute less if you like al dente, that's what I recommend).
- While the pasta is cooking, whisk the ricotta until creamy and smooth and cut the roasted peppers into pieces.
- When the pasta is cooked, reserve a little cooking water (the equivalent of a mug of coffee) and gently drain your pasta.
- Return them to the pan, and add the Calabrese sauce, with a ladle of cooking water, and stir the pasta over high enough heat so that the sauce blends perfectly with the pasta.
- Add the pepper pieces at the end, stir, and divide between the 4 deep plates.
- Place a few teaspoons of ricotta on each plate, a few turns of the pepper mill and that’s it!